Guest host Rodney Foxworth (@RDFoxworth) joins Andrew Hazlett (@andrewhazlett) and Sharon Paley (@sharon_paley) in conversation about Baltimore news and happenings. Rodney shares his sharp perspective on recent and ongoing issues, and he tells us more about his work as Senior Community Manager at BMe. We talk about some of our favorite topics: heroin, rats, politicians, cannons and jet fighters vs. Hampdenfest. After the news rundown, and plugs for some cool people and events, we linger over a big question: how to connect social innovators with the resources commanded by The Powers That Be.
Direct download: All the Pieces Matter – Episode 1
News and Notes
- Baltimore may (ABC News) or may not (Baltimore Sun) be the Heroin Capital of the United States.
- Just how rat-infested is Baltimore? Do I smell a rat? If you’re in Baltimore, it’s a likely yes, says Animal Planet – Baltimore Brew
- Martin O’Malley, Tommy Carcetti, and 2016 – The Daily Beast
- Jet fighters outrace Hampden toilets? Hampdenfest 2014 canceled due to conflict with Sailabration, organizers say – baltimoresun.com
- Catastrophe on Monument Street! Johns Hopkins Hospital PLUNGES to #3 Johns Hopkins Hospital ranked among the top in U.S. News rankings of best hospitals | Hub
- Baltimore’s Blaustein family ranks among richest in U.S. by Forbes – Baltimore Business Journal
- Baltimore Social Innovation Journal Launch Party
- Activists launch criminal record expungement app – baltimoresun.com
- ExpungeMaryland: An App to Help People with Criminal Charges – Baltimore Civic Hacking Meetup – July 23rd
- Creatively Cool – Strangers With Style
- All about BMe: bmecommunity.org
# And, just as an extra for the week… here’s a charming display of modern dance from Baltimore’s own Effervescent Collective. This freshly posted video, will help fans during a bittersweet transition time for the company. – via What Weekly Silent Groove Official Version from effervescent collective.